Thursday, January 6, 2011

semicolon cool

the new facebook layout has a funky set up that places your status in small font underneath your name. this is really inconvenient for my excessive use of the semicolon. my beloved punctuation mark of choice that was so strategically placed in between my name and my status no longer has a prominent role in the everyday monotony of my life. a few people had asked me why i used the semicolon instead of the dash (my second love) or the colon or the ellipses and my response was always the same: the semicolon brings two thoughts together, its like a bridge of association that links my name, me, with the quotes, thoughts or song lyrics on the other end - both ends can stand alone, yes, but connected together their meaning is that much more powerful (insert giant nerdy smile). i would just like to take this opportunity to say thanks for depriving me of one of my most recently discovered elements of (un)cool, mark zuckerberg & co.

No comments:

Post a Comment