Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ammo - an introduction

the one new year's resolution that i made this year was that i was going to "write everything i feel needs to be written." well, as is the tradition with resolutions, it was broken - i haven't written a damn thing besides half-assed college papers since late january. the summertime laziness has been creeping up my spine since, oh, let's say, early march? that means that my mind's focus has been more so on the ridiculous things i see and hear randomly every day than on more important things like finding some steady employment or, i don't know... love? or whatever else a twenty year old young woman is expected to be looking for. i have been spending my days watching horrendous low-budget movies and terrible day-time tv, listening to all sorts of new music - entire albums at a time - the second they're leaked and sitting in disgustingly humid rooms with my older siblings or my besties discussing the stupidity of "hoodrats these days." in conversations i've had in the past few weeks, several people have mentioned that since i have some time on my hands i should use the opportunity and get back to writing, and damn it, that's exactly what i'm going to do. i had "the itis" on my back for a long while now but it's getting the boot - one monkey don't stop the show!

and with that said - cue the curtains...

1 comment: